Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tuesday February 4, 2014

Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
---------------------------------

Blech.  Today did not start out well - I woke up about 5:30am with a wicked migraine headache. Took my meds and went back to bed...until 11:30am!  Eep...guess I needed the sleep.

L called a few minutes later to let me know that he was heading out, but Larry was pretty tired and was going to have a nap - so I might as well wait a bit before heading to the hospital.  Works for me - as long as Larry isn't left all day by himself, a bit of time alone isn't bad either.

So, K and I chilled out, and then I gave him a lift to his friends place.

Got to the hospital, got my weekly parking pass, and off to visit Larry I went.  It took me a few minutes to see him because the physiotherapist was there working with him.  She told me that Larry was doing pretty well, and they were working him a bit harder to get his strength up :)  Yay!

Larry showed me how good he's getting with moving his left leg, and let me know that he'd been "abducted" last night. LOL  They took him for a CT scan later in the evening, to see how his brain looked. I, of course, said "they found nothing, right?"  Mike also used that joke. heeheehee nothing if not consistent.

Larry had a lot of visitors today - his cousin Ken and his daughter Rebecca came up for a while, Mike visited after that, and then other cousins came up...Judy and J..something. I admit it - I'm awful with names.  Sorry! Finally D came up. :)  It's so good that so many are coming to visit - gives Larry company!

The occupational therapist came in as well, and told us that Larry has some left sided neglect (which we knew) and the best way to work on that is make him work on using the left side.  So - stand on the left when we talk, have the TV on the left side, etc.  

She also gave him some puzzles and tips on how to read. It will help him get his coordination back.

I also chatted with the doctor again today, and he let me know that Larry's CT looked "okay".  No bleeding going on right now, so they started aspirin today.  If all goes well, they'll be starting the blood thinners in a few days.  He said it's looking good, but warned there may be set backs.  It was a nice reality check - but I'm also really really hoping that we don't have one.  Doc also told me that Larry will be in the hospital proper for a while longer - his blood pressure is not coming down the way they'd like.  They can't drop it fast, because that's not good either.  He mentioned that stubborn is good - but not for blood pressure :P

All in all a pretty quiet day.  I decided to treat myself to some won ton soup for supper. It was pretty good :D


No comments:

Post a Comment