Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wednesday February 5,2014

Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
---------------------------------


today was a strange day for me it took me awhile to wake up and then I got a little bit distracted with other things.

I contacted Standard Life and found out that I had to fax the disability information to them.  I looked up the  number and started looking for a fax machine.  I contacted Staples and they told me it was a dollar per page have they lost their minds?????  then I wised up and went to the coop office and got them to fax it.

well I was doing this Donna called to let me know how Larry was doing.unfortunately I missed the call but listened to it later.  I finally got to the hospital around two.  Larry was sound asleep with his headphones on.  I wish I could have gotten a picture.  I grabbed a chair and sat down.  Larry woke up about a half hour later.
He told me how the lovely speech/swallow lady came by and tried him on toast again.  He was more successful and can now eat regular veggies and fruit, as long as they are soft.  Yay!!!
 The physiotherapist came in and had Larry tell me about what he did today.  They are trying to get him at least a little bit independently moving...from bed to wheelchair to start with.  Larry was also standing up today...needed a chair to help him, but its pretty awesome.  They are going to work on walking tomorrow.

It was a pretty quiet evening.  Mike came to visit for  a while too.  The only down side is that Larry is a bit dehydrated,so they started an IV again.  I think that Larry hasn't been drinking as many fluids because urinating is a bit of a pain. I'm allowed to nag him now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment