What a day!
I had my own testing today, to see if my surgery in September did what we wanted it to do. I don't get results until March, so cross your fingers for me :D
Now, for rest of the day. I went to look at an apartment today...and while it was ...okay, the master bedroom was 9x12, with electric heat. Which means there was one usable wall. It was tooooo small. *sigh* Back to the drawing board...I know I'll find the perfect spot.
I made it to the hospital about 4pm, and Larry was pretty alert. All smooshed in the bed, but alert. We straightened him out, and then we hit on the bright idea to sit on the edge of the bed. It worked great - he sat for about 10 minutes, and really tried to remember to sit upright.
Around 7 pm we got him ready for bed - which meant changing from sweat pants to "jammies" (okay, hospital gown...but jammies sounds better!) He sat on the edge of the bed, and then we thought...why not stand up to remove the sweat pants? Well - it worked! he was able to stand for the minute that it took to remove them :D he's making great progress.
The best part...
*screams from the rooftops*
LARRY MOVED HIS LEFT ARM TONIGHT!!!
Not much, but he consciously moved it. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment