Today was a busy day for me - I spent it changing my address everywhere. I also put the mail forward on so we don't miss anyone.
I took another load of stuff to the Salvation Army today - and I still have one more to go!
Working on packing up the kitchen stuff. We're getting down to the wire now - three sleeps! I'm sooooo ready to go, but not fully packed :P
I did one smart thing - I booked the cats a "condo" for Monday so they don't get as stressed out as last time we moved. They're also only about 3 minutes from the new place. They're too old for drama :P
Visited with Larry, and he was a little down. He got his 4-point cane, and ....nothing changed other than he walks now. Still needs his "transfer" belt and sling, and someone to assist for safety. I said to him "you were hoping it would be an all better, magical cane, right?" he nodded. He was also feeling a bit frustrated with himself - he's having trouble with patterns and drawing a clock.
I gently reminded him that he had a large stroke only 5 weeks ago...and to give himself some slack. It's going to take time to recover. He was doing better after that.
We listened to the Jets game, at least until the end of the third period. Larry was getting tired, so I went home. Got to listen to the shoot out :D YAY JETS!
No comments:
Post a Comment