Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday February 9, 2014

Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
--------------------------------

I went to the hospital later today, and Larry was sound asleep.  So, I sat outside in a chair for a bit. :) Larry's neighbour kept calling the nurses, but didn't wake Larry up so I was okay with that.

Mike came by, and Larry was still so sound asleep that neither of us could bear to wake him up.  So Mike and I visited for a bit and he mentioned that Larry got a turkey sandwich today for lunch. Larry was pretty happy about that! LOL 

The doctor came down the hall, and let us know that Larry is back on track - the seizure didn't set him back far at all.  He also mentioned that Larry would be in rehab for about a month to 6 weeks. I'm okay with this - gives me time to find a place, pack and move! With help, of course....

After a bit of chatting about Mike's work, he had to go.  He did get to say a few words to Larry, but Larry was so tired he fell right back to sleep.

I finally woke Larry up around 4:30, mainly because supper was going to be coming soon and it takes him time to wake up these days.  

Supper was nice today - he got something with some flavour. Chicken teriyaki :D  

We just watched curling, and chatted a bit.  Larry may have been tired, but he looked pretty good.  He's moving a bit better, and he said that he doesn't feel as "hopeless" today.  I told him it's okay to feel hopeless, and to feel like giving up - but you can't.  He nodded, and I feel hope for all of us!

I also sat for a while in the chapel today.  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm more spiritual than religious, but it was so peaceful there.  I just sat and meditated for a while.  I did ask for help for Larry (because if I ask for me, you'll hear the laughter around the world!).  we'll see what happens :)


No comments:

Post a Comment