Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
-----------------------------------
Today is Super Bowl Sunday! and Groundhog Day :)
When I told Larry it was Groundhog Day today he laughed and said "that was a good movie" :P
The Winnipeg Jets played at noon today, so I didn't go to the hospital until later in the afternoon. I watched the game, and it was pretty good! Winnipeg won (woohoo!) and are now 8-2 under the new coach. Hmm... still coincidence? I haven't a clue... but Larry says no - Noel had lost the players, and Maurice has found them.
I made chocolate chip banana bread today and just chilled out. It was nice. I needed the bit of a break, because I've used up all of my spoons for February... *sigh*
If you're not sure what I mean, read here
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/
While I don't have Lupus, I do have a disability that prevents me from doing much more than go to the hospital and come home. I only have about 10 spoons a day... :( Thank goodness K has been helping a lot! Not that there is a ton to do, but having him take out the garbage helps me soooo much.
Winnipeg Willow predicted an early spring, but Punxsutawney Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter. Hmmm.... conflicting groundhogs! Whatever shall we do?! Yes, I know that Feb 2 is exactly 6 weeks from March 21 :P Still fun....
Went to the hospital at about 4:30 today, and Larry was up and in his Seahawks Jersey :) He told me that a doctor had walked by in a Seahawks jersey, and said that security may not allow Bronco's jerseys into the place. So when Mike came in about 45 mins later, Larry asked "how did you get past security?" LOL Pretty funny.
What wasn't funny was the actual Super Bowl. When the very first play from scrimmage is a safety, you feel it's a sign of things to come. And it was. The Broncos were shut out for 3 of 4 quarters of the game, and lost 43-8. Peyton just couldn't find his receivers... the ones he found were wearing Seahawks jerseys. I must apologize to Mike... I took a bit of pleasure in his Broncos losing... mainly because Larry was going for the Seahawks. Mike may or may not talk to me the next time we see each other.....
Not much going on in the recovery front - other than Larry was in a real chair today, and can consciously move his left foot/leg now. I'm really hoping that soon he can stand either on his own or with help, so he can get out of bed to the washroom. (eeewww....bedpans!) We also broke a "rule" today... his slurpee was melting, so I stuck a straw in it. *gasp* He's not supposed to use a straw because of the left side paralysis...but I figured with two people there to watch, he'd be okay. Amazing how such a little thing makes such a difference....
No comments:
Post a Comment