Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday February 22, 2014

I must apologize to you Larry - it's my fault you got all confused and thought today was the gold medal game.  Sorry baby!


Today I woke up to my phone ringing at about 8:45 and it was Larry!  I answered the phone, and he said "Mike's not here, I've been sitting waiting for him"...oh dear.  I told him it was Saturday, and the game wasn't until tomorrow!  He laughed and cried at the same time, saying "I'm such an idiot". No way baby! You're NOT an idiot - it's the effects of the stroke.

He went back to bed until his dad got there.  I,too, fell back to sleep for a few hours.  I was just heading to the shower when Larry texted me a few times, and then suggested I head to the hospital to chat with dad. worked for me, so I showered quick and off I went.  I grabbed a coffee on the way up to the room.

Chatted with dad a bit, and he told me that Larry worked on the pattern creating game and was doing better.  I'm pretty happy about that because it gave him a really hard time last week. Progress!!!  I told him how much the damage deposit was, and he said he'd help. *whew*  What I didn't know at the time was that we were going to need an extra 650 or so to secure the apartment.  I think we can scrape that up, but if you could think good thoughts...that would be great!

Larry was still in his jammies when I got there, and he explained that his whole routine was off kilter because of the mix up.  His dad left, and the occupational therapist came in.  She got Larry up and walking for a bit - he did great!  When he was taking off his sling, we both noticed his left shoulder moving.  It's coming along... still a lot of work, but...it's a start!

I got Larry to snooze for a bit, because he was just exhausted.  While he was doing that, Mike asked me to confirm that it was okay for Mike to go at 6am to the hospital to watch the game with Larry. :D

I also asked if I could take Larry for a shower.  The nurse and the care aide were fine with that, but warned me I might get a bit soaked...so if I wanted to get naked too, that was okay.  I'm sure I blushed crimson.. :O
We managed to get Larry his shower, and my socks were completely soaked.  I will spare any other details :P

Supper in the day room with a few games of 31 thrown in there.  I really need a card holder that is about the height if a business card holder, and about a foot long.  Anyone know of a place to get that?

Larry was just about asleep when I left...needs to get  a good one tonight so he can root for Canada tomorrow morning :D


No comments:

Post a Comment