Saturday, February 1, 2014

Friday January 31, 2014

Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
------------------------------------

Today started out with a minor freak out on my part.  I was sleeping in a bit when the phone rang.
I answered it, and as I said hello I realized it was the hospital calling (panic!).  Luckily, it was just to tell me that Larry had a test at HSC today, and would be leaving just after noon.  He probably wouldn't be back until about 3:30. Fine by me.  I sent a quick text to Mike, assuming he'd tell L, and went back to sleep for a while.

About 11:00 or so I got a call from L - why didn't I tell him Larry had a test today?  He was just about to leave when he was informed of Larry's test - he'd like to be in the loop.  I was a bit taken aback, and didn't say much.
Then I checked my cell... to find a message back from Mike telling me to let L know.... oops!  Ah well, no harm done :P

I got to the hospital just after 4, and Larry was back from his test.  He looked tired, but he'd had a busy day.

He told me they had him in the actual physio room today. annndddd... drum roll please.... he was STANDING UP today!  This is very very encouraging :)  Not much in the left arm yet, but he can feel it...so that's a start.  I also noticed that when Larry smiles, there's a little bit of movement on the left side of his mouth.

Larry also asked me to look into getting a Seahawks jersey for the Super Bowl on Sunday.  There is NO way he knows that Mike has one for him already!  I told him I'd talk with Mike, and take a look online and see if there's anything.  I sent Mike a text just to for-warn him :P

We went to the day room today, and Larry had his supper there.  Then we chatted for a bit with another couple, waiting for the Jets game to start.   Larry put on a Jets jersey, and off went the game.  I left after the first period, but Mike stayed there until the game was over.  Larry stayed awake for the whole thing!

I know it's going to be a long road ...but we'll travel it together.

Good Bye January - you sucked eggs!  Let's hope February is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment