Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
-------------------------------------
Today I got to the hospital and ran into Larry's physiotherapist. She told me that Larry has some movement in his left hip! OMG!
From just his toe to his hip in less than 3 days? *keep calm* I'm quite happy with how he's doing!
I also thought it was Thursday all day. lol made for an interesting time, that's for sure.
Larry also spent some time sitting up in a wheelchair. It tired him right out and he had a good snooze. :)
Once he woke up, his brother Mike brought him a Slurpee. He looked at it, smiled huge, and then took a spoonful. "Hello old friend" he said. I laughed for a while with that one!
in the evening, a gentleman walked into the room. He said he was the neurologist and was now a good time? Since the supper plate was screaming hot, we said sure. He did a neurological exam, and had Larry draw a flower, a home and a clock. We noticed that some of the left side of the flower was missing from the drawing, which was not unexpected. It can happen when it's a large stroke, which Larry had.
He also had Larry do the "follow my finger" routine, and for the first time Larry looked all the way to the left! :D When he was done, I asked if Larry was doing "okay". The doctor looked at me, and said "in my experience...better than okay". Best news I've heard all week!
Went home and was just relaxing when the phone rang.
It was my father! I said "hello there" and the first thing he said to me was "why am I hearing about my son-in-law having a stroke second hand? and almost a week later?". Ooops. I had asked my sister to tell him, but I guess she forgot... until today! We had a good chat, and he told me that he's probably going to need a knee replacement. Well, since he tore the ligaments in it over 30 years ago - I'm not surprised.
Today was a good day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment