Friday, January 31, 2014

Tuesday January 28, 2014

Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
-------------------------------------

Today I realized that I had a bunch of veggies in the fridge that needed to be used.  I got the smart idea to toss them all in the crock pot with some broth and see what we ended up with in the evening.

Good idea... bad execution.  Luckily, K was home in time to prevent it from burning.  Don't ask me how I could manage to burn a dish in the slow cooker, but I almost did.  The soup turned out pretty good though :)

Larry requested his slippers, just in case he got up from bed.  I love his optimism! :D

When I got there, L was there and showed me the "care package" that had come from McNally. There was a lovely bowl, a stuffed bear in Jets gear, a "jets fan cave" sign, some magazines, a rubiks cube and a card signed by everyone there.  Larry was thrilled!

Larry can move his left foot today!











The lovely speech/swallow lady came to see Larry today.  She tried him on thinner juice, water and then toast.  He had no trouble with the water, but the toast just tired him out.  She decided that he can have regular fluids, and slightly coarser food - but couldn't be on regular food.  Larry laughed and said "chunky cat food now".  He's such a funny guy.  He also asked if he could have a Slurpee.  She said yes, but no straws!

Later in the day Larry's boss D and his twin brother P came to visit.  It was so nice to see!  D said that Larry's job is safe until he says he no longer wants it.  They  also advised me that they'd told the insurance company that the paperwork is coming for Larry's claim.

Everyone has been so wonderful asking me if I need anything, and if I need any help.  Right now I don't, but I won't be shy asking when I do need help!

I also called a friend in Calgary today, Kim.  She and her husband have gone through a lot of stuff too, so it was good to talk to someone who understood.  She had a lot of suggestions, and said that if I needed to, I could call any time.
I'm feeling a bit more confident today that Larry will be okay, and will actually come home.

I also watched kittens being born tonight.  I had never seen it before, and it was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen!



No comments:

Post a Comment