Friday, January 31, 2014

Monday January 27, 2014

Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
--------------------------------------

Today I started a blog called "Larry's Journey - a Stroke Survivor's Story"  

I just couldn't bear the thought of repeating every update to everyone one at a time, so here it is.  I started with the day of the stroke, and am working my way forward.  It will be a slow process, but I'm hoping to get caught up before the Super Bowl.

There isn't much going on today - Larry really wants to have proper fluids, but he can't until he sees the speech therapist, which won't be until tomorrow.  They've allowed him ice chips, which help...but it's not as satisfying as a glass of water!

The physiotherapist came today, and started moving Larry's left side.  He has some feeling in his hand and calf today! YAY!

I couldn't find the magazine he was looking for, so Mike asked D to bring it. 

I went to the grocery store today to pick up a few things and they had T-Bone steaks on cheap.  I decided "what the hell" and got two.  They turned out great! I did feel a bit guilty because Larry was still on puree - but I realized that I have to take care of me, and if a steak would help...I'm having it.

I also dropped off the paperwork for his doctor to fill out for the insurance company.

The posts from now on will be a lot shorter, because there's not a whole lot going on :P

No comments:

Post a Comment