Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sunday Jan 26, 2014

Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
--------------------------------------

Today, I upgraded Larry's phone.  Why? Because he was trying to text yesterday and couldn't see the keyboard on his old one.

So, I went and got him a Samsung S4.  It's bigger than his old one, and he should be able to text with it.   To be honest, I'm doing it because I want him to have a new phone... this is just an excuse! :D

I was later getting to the hospital today, but that's okay.  His dad was there for a while, and Larry needed a nap anyway.  K is actually making dinner tonight, and Larry says it's only fair that it should be pureed.  He's really not liking the "mush" but is eating some of it anyway.  Keeping up his strength.  I was also informed that chocolate pudding is never allowed in the house again!  I guess they've been giving him his meds with it... so it's pretty awful!

Larry had some feeling on the left side, and was able to slightly move his big toe.  This is the side affected by the stroke - so this is a good thing! 

I also realized that I'm a bit of a mother hen.  Larry's room mate is an older woman, and hard of hearing.  Her family is with her all the time, and they DON'T SHUT UP!  Yap yap yap yap.  They kept waking Larry up, and he needed his sleep!  

It was another pretty quiet day today, since it was Sunday. I showed Larry his new phone, but it wasn't quite ready to go so I took it home with me.  The Chicago Blackhawks and the Jets were playing. When I left, Chicago was up 1-0.

I didn't turn the game on at home until it was almost over, but the score was 3-1 Jets! WOW! and woohoo! :D

(yes, i realize the tenses are all messed up...but I don't really care... :P)

1 comment:

  1. We all know you got the S4 because you were jealous I had one! (Relax, folks, I'm just teasing!) You should get one for yourself as well, Tracee! I'm going to have to start following hockey again so I can tease Larry about the Jets. I'm so very glad he's doing better! Give him a hug for me when you get to the hospital. xoxo <3 - "Evil One"

    ReplyDelete