Until Larry is well enough to start either blogging or dictating posts to me, this is all from my perspective.
----------------------------------------
I was woken up this morning by a text from Mike asking me how I was. I was a bit bleary eyed, but felt better after the meltdown and some sleep.
I had a long hot shower and some coffee. I also found the items that Larry had requested - his radio, batteries and headphones so he could listen to the Jets vs Leafs game that evening. Yes, not even 48 hours after a stroke... listening to the game.
There wasn't much going on today in the hospital - just adjusting meds and resting for Larry. My chair that day sounded a bit like the T.A.R.D.I.S. and I made a point of texting my son that. I was trying for a bit of normalcy.... in a crazy world.
Mike texted me and asked what size jersey Larry wears. K checked and we advised. All I knew was Mike was getting a football jersey for the Super Bowl for Larry.
Mike and his wife visited in the afternoon, and Larry had me have K bring a few things when he came to pick me up that evening. His own pillow seemed to help Larry a lot.
Listening to the game tonight, Larry showed emotion other than "smart assery" which is a big step! One of the rookies scored, and Larry teared up a bit. I was quite happy to see that, because it meant the "detachment" was fading.
I felt a lot better heading home tonight...probably because Larry was looking better and wasn't declining.
However, I still had a bit of a melt down... and thankfully HRB and Kathy (evil one) were there to talk me down. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment