Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tuesday March 11, 2014

Today started out with an EEK!  I thought I had set my alarm, but for some reason it didn't go off. Blech. So I popped up, showered and ran out the door... to get coffee on the way to see Larry.
I was lucky - he didn't start therapy until 10, and I was there at 9:30 *whew*

Phsyio was interesting to watch - Larry was working with a step and how to step up and down without using a railing...it also strengthens his leg.

Occupational was AWESOME to watch.  Larry is starting to be able to move his elbow!!! WOOHOOO!!!  he's come such a long way in such a short time... in two weeks, he went from a shrug of his shoulder to being able to bend at the elbow.  Still more work, but what a start!!

My doctor appointment wasn't nearly as good.  As suspected, the surgery did not resolve the superior canal dehiscence syndrome in my right ear.  There is still a bit of hope that the bone he recreated will fuse completely and recover the canal, but at 6 months post op - it should have been better.  Still, we're going to attempt to correct the left ear - but I'm not sure how having no superior canals at all will affect me..I'm going ot ask him next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment