It's been a crazy week. I finally got the keys returned to the old place, and all I have to do now is get the BBQ and stuff once it thaws out :P
Larry has been doing great!
Monday was a rough day though - his foot was so sore he couldn't even put any pressure on it. It sounds like it was a gout flare. Pretty sure it was caused by a change in meds. He asked me what he could do to help prevent it - the only thing he can do is drink more water. Hopefully it helps.
I've been fighting a wicked headache and fatigue. I knew it was going to happen, but I've got too much to do to give in completely. I've been doing what I can (which isnt' much) but this weekend I've got to step it up!
I have a home visit from Larry and his OT on Wednesday. If it's good, he can start having weekends at home!!! And by good, basically can he get around okay in the place. The OT will put any equipment in place that is needed, which is nice. WOOOT WOOOOT!
Larry also asked his physio if he could go to a Jets game in April. She said she didn't see any issues with it, but will confirm with his Doctor next week. :) WOOOHOOO again!!!
His left arm is getting better and better every day. Today he was flexing his wrist! I bet by April he'll be moving his fingers. There's still a bit of "tingling" in his fingers right now - and that means not a lot of control for him. His hand, however, no longer tingles. :D It did on Monday!!
He mentioned today that he's not had a lot of visitors lately.... :P If you've been holding back, feel free to go see him :D
No comments:
Post a Comment