Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Monday March 3, 2014

Well, moving day is here.  I didn't post yesterday because there wasn't much going on, and I just had a nice visit with Larry ;)

Today was absolute hell.  Kodi and I spent all weekend packing like crazy people making sure it was all ready to go.  I was up until 1:30 this morning, and got up at 7:15 so I could take the cats to the boarding place.  

Movers FINALLY showed up at 9:15 and got started.  at 10:00 am they vanished for 15 minutes, and again at 11:00. Smoke break, I guess.  We didn't have a very good crew, that's for sure.  The lead guy had to keep prompting them and getting them going.  I remember near the end, the two sat upstairs and yakked for 10 minutes, and then the lead guy yelled "are you guys going to just look at it, or bring it down?" yikes.
What should have only taken a couple of ours stretched to 3.5, and then they started moving us into the apartment.  Again, a few items at a time came up... and while I understand elevators are slow, vanishing for over 1/2 an hour and then only bringing up a few items makes me wonder.  
Kodi went a got a desk/chair combo yesterday, and when he walked by they appeared to be "taking a break". Grrr.. a letter will be going to them, because this is not acceptable.  You could really tell they were working by the hour.

They FINALLY finished at 4pm, and I ran out to see Larry.  He was happily surprised that I was there to visit, because he was pretty sure I wouldn't be there today.  It was a short visit, but he was telling me about his day and how he likes days when he has therapy, because he feels like he accomplished something.

He's walking with just a cane now - only uses a wheelchair to go long distances, because he has to work up his strength now.  Yay Larry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment