Spent the morning getting rid of a migraine, and off to visit Larry I went.
He was just finishing up occupational therapy, and heading into physiotherapy. I must say his therapist is awesome! Larry did three full rounds around the area before needing a rest - the best he's done yet! She then had him doing some sit/stand exercises. I noticed him rubbing his knee, so I asked him if he'd mentioned it to the therapist. She overheard, and then gave Larry a bit of heck because he hadn't told her his knee was sore. So, she worked on balance with him instead of stairs. He's doing soooo good! :D
His PT also told me that they're going to get a Neurological Ophthalmologist referral for Larry. They are going to see what's changed in his vision. His left-side neglect is so much better - but it looks like there may be a bit of visual issues on the left side of both eyes. The NeuroOptha will tell us.
He then had muscle stimulation, and they iced his knee. It's kinda freaky to watch the stim, but it's for reminding his brain there's a hand there - and also keeps the muscles stronger.
Back to his room we went, and he noticed that his knee was really bothering him. We walked slowly to supper, and back. Larry then had an hour nap. He really needed it - he was soooo tired!
I left just as the Jets game was starting, and Larry was able to follow the game pretty well. He was texting Kodi too :D
I picked up a letter from MPI, and inside was the news we knew was coming. Larry's drivers' license has been suspended indefinitely - until his doctor okays him driving again, and he passes testing. *sigh* They want him to surrender his license by the 17th.. I'll be phoning them and letting them know that as soon as I find it... they can have it :P
No comments:
Post a Comment