Saturday, March 29, 2014

Friday March 28, 2014

I went to Riverview early today, so I could talk with Larry's OT

I got there at the beginning of his OT session, and he's doing really really well!  he can now lift an item from a table to his chin! Woot!  He is still working on fingers working, but they're coming along.  In muscle stim today you could see the improvement :D

His speech therapy was pretty quick - and I was a bit of a distraction for him. I won't be in the room again, because it's hard enough without me distracting him

In physio today he was working on balance and core.  He was also standing up without putting pressure on his shoulder, which is good.  It's been bugging him for a long time - hopefully it starts feeling a bit better.  His physio was quite pleased to see him standing up that way.  Yay Larry!

He's starting to get some muscle movement in his shoulder, which is great! :D  his physiotherapist is also going to start him on obstacle courses, etc to see how he does independently. Which means that he'll be able to walk around his room without having to call someone! no more buzzing to go to the bathroom! WOOT WOOT!

And...drumroll.....

... he gets a day pass tomorrow!! :D  He'll be at home with me for a few hours.  That's pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment